Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answer to all of your questions about who MomSource Network is, how it all works and what you need to do to find your perfect position! Feel free to email your additional questions or call our Candidate Care Team at 888-488-4877.
- Q: How does the process work? A:The process works like this:
1. Join the Network at www.momsourcenetwork.com/join
2. Create a profile, fill out a brief questionnaire, upload your resume and schedule your initial MomSource Network consultation!
3. Read and respond to MomSource Employment Opportunity emails for the positions that interest you.
- Q: What happens after I respond to an 'Employment Opportunity' email?A: Once you express your interest by responding to the email, your information will be forwarded to the employer for consideration. Candidates selected for an in-person interview with the employer will be contacted by the MomSource team.
**Replying to the email does NOT guarantee the opportunity to interview with the employer but rather is considered “applying” for the position.
- Q: How long does it take a position to be filled?A: Our timeline is longer than you may expect. Positions usually are filled within 60 days.
- Q: What is the next step after I have created a profile & uploaded my resume on www.momsourcnetwork.com?A: You will be asked to schedule your initial MomSource consultation. This is a requirement in advance of you being eligible to be considered for flexible employment opportunities. Please follow the instructions to choose your interview time slot.
- Q: How do I schedule my phone consultation?A: There is a link to schedule your phone consultation at the bottom of the You Can Book Me (YCBM) phone confirmation email you receive.
- Q: Do you offer resume review/assistance? What about help with interviewing?A: Yes and Yes! When you choose your consultation time you are also able to choose a specific area to focus on: resume review/critique, interviewing skills, polishing your social media presence, general consultation, or you can choose to skip this step.
- Q: How long does it take to find a job? I've been waiting!A: Our goal is not to find you “a job” but to find the “perfect position” for your skills, flexibility terms and desired salary. Some candidates find positions quickly and others wait several months. We always strive for being the best rather than the fastest.
- Q: How can I see all of the opportunities that MomSource is currently recruiting for?A: We have a large list of the types of positions, that we work with employers to fill, under our “Types of Positions” tab under our “For Candidates” tab. We also list all of the opportunities we are currently recruiting for and positions we have recently filled in our bi-monthly newsletter.
- Q: Why can't I update my profile from my phone?A: We here ya! That’s frustrating. We are working on it and hope to be mobile friendly very soon! Until then, please log in using your laptop, desktop, or tablet and enjoy our beautiful new software.
- Q: What if I'm not a mom?A: MomSource was founded out of a need that we felt as mothers, however, we help all candidates that are interested in finding rewarding flexible employment. Being a mom is absolutely NOT a requirement. We work with plenty of incredible, smart, talented men, women, retirees and graduates.
- Q: Is MomSource a 'temp' service?A: Certainly NOT. We are interested in finding long-term opportunities for our candidates. Our focus is on flexible full-time, permanent part-time, telecommute and job-shared opportunities. We do occasionally do short-term positions but we never take any portion of our moms wages and we do not move moms from job-to-job.
- Q: How do you find the employers?A: We have a dedicated team who are focused exclusively on networking with potential employers and teaching the value of flexibility. We are entrenched in our communities as business leaders and are always selling the value of the incredible talent that is represented by our network.
- Q: What type of positions do you hire for?A: We hire all types of positions including writers, lawyers, accountants, administrative professionals, healthcare, marketing, information technology and more. For a larger list, please visit our website under the “Types of Positions” tab
- Q: How do you find candidates?A: Through referral. We believe candidates are our best advocate and the best judge of character. We intentionally focus our recruiting efforts on utilizing the power of our existing networks. We want you to tell a professional, educated, qualified candidates that you know about us. We don’t want to post ads on craigslist.
- Q: What about men?A: Our services are designed to help candidates who are seeking flexibility. While founded from a need experienced by many moms, we absolutely can help men, recent graduates, retirees and other candidates interested in the value of flexible employment. Being a mom is not a requirement.
- Q: Do I have to submit a resume?A: YES! It is imperative to allow both MomSource and potential employers to understand your strengths and skill sets. Candidates without a resume can not be considered for flexible employment.
- Q: I haven't worked in a LONG time. Is that okay?A: Yes. There are plenty of great candidates who are interested in returning to work after a long absence. We can help you with the process and making the right decision about your new employer. Congratulations on returning to the workforce!
- Q: What if I need insurance, retirement benefits, etc?A: While we are always encouraging employers to consider benefits for flexible team members, it is a work in progress. Many employers do not offer insurance or retirement to candidates that do not work full-time in the office. We will specify in the Employment Opportunity email the hours, pay and if benefits are being offered.
- Q: How much does it cost to Join the Network?A: Our members have the option to join our network for $9 per month or to realize additional savings by subscribing for $89 per year. This fee goes to support the costs associated with your consultation as well support everything MomSource is doing to change the way Americans work.
- Q: Can I cancel my membership at anytime?A:Of course! But, why would you want to?!? Log into your profile, click on the billing tab and select “cancel subscription” button.
- Q: Will my existing employer know if I send you my resume?A: No. We only share your resume with employers after you have expressed interest in the position via the Employment Opportunity email. We do not contact your previous employers or references without your explicit consent.
- Q: Are employers using MomSource exclusively to hire?A: Most of our employers also use traditional recruitment methods to find full-time employees. We are asked to hire for many employers repeatedly because they realize how talented our MomSourcers are!
- Q: What if it doesn't work out between the MomSourcers and the employer?A: We have very low turnover. In fact, 98% of our candidates are still employed with their first placement. In the rare occasion that it does not work out, we find a new candidate for the employer.
- Q: What if I know a mom in another city who is interested in flexible employment?A: They can still Join the Network. There is an option to choose “other” for the city when they submit their profile. Occasionally, we have telecommute only positions where the candidate’s location does not matter.
- Q: We need a MomSource Network in XYZ city. Is that possible?A: Yes. We hope to be in 20 cities by 2020. Our Directors of Market Development and Managing Partners are educated, professionals who know their communities better than anyone else. They believe in the value of flexible employment and have a passion for helping their candidates find a “perfect” position for their family. If you know a person in XYZ city that should join our team as the Director of Market Development then tell them to email visit our “MomSource Your City” tab.
- Q: Why MomSource Network?A: We deserve more than the all or nothing career choice that many people feel that they are forced make. Its our mission to make the world an easier place for people to find the balance to be successful personally and professionally. Thank you.