Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answer to all of your questions about who MomSource Network is, how it all works and what you need to do to find your perfect position! Feel free to email your additional questions or call our Candidate Care Team at 888-488-4877.
- Q: What is MomSource Network ? A:MomSource Network is a resource for those people who are seeking work-life blend. We know that when a woman takes a 2-3 year career break that she will sacrifice 30% of her lifetime earnings so we created a platform that offers women tools and resources they can use during a career pause, during a career pivot and on their journey to re-entry. The 3 components of MomSource Network are: 1. Continuing Education 2. Expert and Peer Advice 3. Access to flexible employment.
- Q: What is the process to join ? A:The process works like this:
1. Join the Network at www.momsourcenetwork.com/join
2. Create a profile, fill out a brief questionnaire, upload your resume and choose a roadmap that is best for you. We offer options for those working full-time who want to transition, those who are taking a career pause, people who are interesting in making a career pivot and options for those who are actively planning to return to work immediately.
3. Follow your roadmap and take advantage of our expert mentors, register for some online training and check out our flexible employment options.
BONUS: Check out our premium membership for $89 per year to take advantage of exclusive tools including online courses, access to flexible work options and awesome discounts.
- Q: What's the difference in the free and the premium membership?A: Our free membership allows you to create a profile, take advantage of MomSource Perks and to access expert content. Premium members also have access to all those same things and to a catalog of continuing education courses and exclusive flexible employment options. Review the detailed list of Membership Benefits.
- Q: What are mentors and why should I hire one?A: Mentors are professionals in their profession and topical experts. They have years of experience and proven and verified records of success. Mentors are here to compliment the content MomSource Network provides in the form of webinars, trainings and tracks.
Our mentors are also trained and versed in the unique needs of Moms, Females and Flexible Employment.
- Q: Why do I have to pay more for mentors? Why aren't they included in my premium subscription?A: MomSource Network wants to provide the best resources, support and value to all of its members. If we include the value and services of all the mentors, the monthly price would be much more. We found the balance in offering free, premium and add-on services to meet the diverse needs of our network.
- Q: I'm not happy. Can I get a refund?A:
We realize you and your family “Work Hard for the Money.” We want to make sure every experience you have is World Class. Our Candidate Engagement team is always available to resolve any concerns you may have. They can be reached at email@example.com or by calling 888-488-4877.
- Q: How can I become a mentor?A:If you would like to put your years of experience and topical expertise to work helping others in the network please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a summary of your topic of interest and expertise and include any relevant information including resume, links to your work, etc.
- Q: How can I see all of the opportunities that MomSource is currently recruiting for?A: You can always log-in and search all available opportunities. If you see something that interests you that you have not been matched to then email us at email@example.com!
- Q: Why can't I update my profile from my phone?A: We here ya! That’s frustrating. We are working on it and hope to be mobile friendly very soon! Until then, please log in using your laptop, desktop, or tablet. We work hard to continually enhance the platform but its expensive!
- Q: What if I'm not a mom?A: MomSource was founded out of a need that we felt as mothers, however, we help all candidates that need tools to find their ideal work-life blend. Being a mom is absolutely NOT a requirement. We work with plenty of incredible, smart, talented men, women, retirees and graduates.
- Q: Is MomSource a 'temp' service?A: Certainly NOT. We are interested in finding long-term opportunities for our candidates. Our focus is on flexible full-time, permanent part-time, telecommute and job-shared opportunities. We do occasionally do short-term positions and freelance opportunities.
- Q: How do you find the employers?A: We have a dedicated team who are focused exclusively on networking with potential employers and teaching the value of flexibility. We are entrenched in our communities as business leaders and are always selling the value of the incredible talent that is represented by our network.
- Q: What type of positions do you hire for?A: We hire all types of positions including writers, lawyers, accountants, administrative professionals, healthcare, marketing, information technology and more. For a larger list, please visit our website under the “Types of Positions” tab
- Q: How do you find candidates?A: Through referral. We believe candidates are our best advocate and the best judge of character. We intentionally focus our recruiting efforts on utilizing the power of our existing networks. We want you to tell a professional, educated, qualified candidates that you know about us. We don’t want to post ads on craigslist.
- Q: What about men?A: Our services are designed to help candidates who are seeking flexibility. While founded from a need experienced by many moms, we absolutely can help men, recent graduates, retirees and other candidates interested in the value of flexible employment. Being a mom is not a requirement.
- Q: Do I have to submit a resume?A: YES! It is imperative to allow both MomSource and potential employers to understand your strengths and skill sets. It also helps us create continuing education and networking opportunities that are right for you.
- Q: I haven't worked in a LONG time. Is that okay?A: Yes. There are plenty of great candidates who are interested in returning to work after a long absence. We can put you on the “Returner Road” and offer some great suggestions on how to begin your journey back into the workforce. Congratulations and we’re proud of you!
- Q: What if I need insurance, retirement benefits, etc?A: While we are always encouraging employers to consider benefits for flexible team members, it is a work in progress. Many employers do not offer insurance or retirement to candidates that do not work full-time in the office. We will specify in the system the hours, pay and if benefits are being offered.
- Q: How much does it cost to Join the Network?A: We have both a free and a premium option. Premium members pay $9 per month or realize additional savings by subscribing for $89 per year. This fee goes to support the costs associated with your consultation as well support everything MomSource is doing to change the way Americans work.
- Q: Can I cancel my membership at anytime?A:Of course! But, why would you want to?!? Log into your profile, click on the billing tab and select “cancel subscription” button.
- Q: Will my existing employer know if I send you my resume?A: No. We only share your resume with employers after you have expressed interest in the position via the Employment Opportunity email. We do not contact your previous employers or references without your explicit consent.
- Q: Are employers using MomSource exclusively to hire?A: Most of our employers also use traditional recruitment methods to find full-time employees. We are asked to hire for many employers repeatedly because they realize how talented our MomSourcers are!
- Q: What if it doesn't work out between the MomSourcers and the employer?A: We have very low turnover. In fact, 98% of our candidates are still employed with their first placement. In the rare occasion that it does not work out, we find a new candidate for the employer.
- Q: What if I know a mom in another city who is interested in flexible employment?A: They should join our Network! Our roadmaps, mentors, and online courses are all available to anyone regardless of geography. We also offer some great remote work options.
- Q: We need a MomSource Network in XYZ city. Is that possible?A: Yes. We hope to be in 20 cities by 2020. Our Directors of Market Development and Managing Partners are educated, professionals who know their communities better than anyone else. They believe in the value of flexible employment and have a passion for helping their candidates find a “perfect” position for their family. If you know a person in XYZ city that should join our team as the Director of Market Development then tell them to email visit our “MomSource Your City” tab.
- Q: Why MomSource Network?A: We deserve more than the all or nothing career choice that many people feel that they are forced make. Its our mission to make the world an easier place for people to find the balance to be successful personally and professionally. Thank you.